Nice to meet you: I'm a storyteller.


This is my story discovering what I wanted to do for leaving and how I realized I was born to be a storyteller.

A few years ago, in my second high school year, my filosopher teacher showed my class a documentary about the 2013 July’s and all the movement that changed the Brazilian future. In that time, the world cup was coming and the president – Dilma Rouseff – had spent money turning our city's beauty while people were suffering. In the meantime, the bus ticket increased 20 cents. This was enough to bring people to the streets and to protests against the increase. It wasn’t a normal protest. It was a strong movement in the big cities and when I saw the doc, the people on the streets, the journalist filming and trying to talk to those people’s, asking them why they were there and what they want, talking to the camera and explaining what’s going on and even being in dangerous situation; in that moment I realized I needed to be there. I felt something that I have never felt. It was a true need that was growing inside of me, screaming to go out, to ask people,  to live those important moments and to be the one who tells the story. I wanted to be there. I wanted to tell this story. In that moment I felt a light in my heart and a weird feeling of belonging. From that moment, I realized that life it’s much bigger than fashion and than beauty or your appearance. I was always interested in political and cultural issues and I ever had a strong critical sense but I have never seen this part of me as something big and important. Before that day, my only dream was to be a fashion editor or a model or travel around the world and meet the differences between countries. But I never saw these dreams as something bigger. Now I know, now I understand. My life is so much more than this. I realized that I live in this life, in this moment, where this president is killing the people, to tell this story. And a lot of other stories that’s coming. This is my fate. This is my life. I’ll study cultures and people around the world, I’ll understand their life and I’ll learn with them. I’ll be able to talk with everyone around the world, they will understand me and I’ll be able to teach them everything I know while they teach me so. I want to change those lives that are stuck in some irresponsible hands (like my people). From that day, I saw my future very clear: I’m a storyteller. I’ll use my gift of communication to tell the stories that no one wants to tell. I want to tell about the world, about the cultures, about the history being repeated. This is just the start of my journey; welcome travelers; it won't be easy, but you'll hear me. 

Comments

Popular Posts